I saw a tweet today that brought back a thought that I’d been meaning to touch on forever. Kati Spencer tweeted:
What’s your one thing? Social media is about a passion for that one thing.#SMAZ
In addition to reminding me of Curly Washburn (Jack Palance) telling Billy Crystal’s character that is the secret of life in City Slickers, I also found it to ring quite true.
Social Media has opened my eyes to the fact that the thing I really love is food. I’m a food freak. It’s way easier for me to talk about food and share info about food than anything else. I already knew this but realizing that I tweet about food way more than anything else was a bit of an epiphany.
So what does this have to do with making the world a better place? Do your one thing. When you do and everybody else does, the world will be better.
- First of all, the main thing that Social Media does is make things transparent, right?
- If you suck, you’re going to lose.
- If you’re not authentic and awesome, you’re going to lose.
- If you don’t really love what you do, it’s really hard to be authentic and awesome.
- If everybody takes this to heart, everybody will switch to doing something they really love.
- That makes it much easier for everybody to be awesome and authentic as they can inject their heart and soul into their efforts.
- When everybody becomes awesome, social media brings the transparency and people find out.
- So then they win.
- If that’s the case and everybody’s awesome and everybody wins, the world will have to be a better place, right?
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.