I can’t even believe how much I love it. It seems to do pretty much everything I want in a microblog. At first, I didn’t really get the email thrust of posting. I’d played with tubmlr a bit (of which I’m also a fan). I dug the IM posting. Dug that tumblr has a full iPhone app. The more I use Posterous though, the less I miss.
- A great staging place for your “real” blog – can dump everything here, work on & autopost
- Lets you accumulate everything you do in one place for those who really care – mostly family I’m guessing
- Lets you intelligently autopost your content wherever you want it – can autopost different content to different sites/platforms
- PicPosterous – love the iPhone app that allows you to upload a picture to a post and then add additional throughout the day/night/week into the album
- email@example.com – was looking for a way to send drafts that weren’t ready yet – private does the job & you can just email the firstname.lastname@example.org address
- ((tags: tag1, tag2)) – was also looking for a way to tag from email – turns out you can tag in the subject header with a little formatting.
- Smart consumption/processing of media – it’s so smart with the way it consumes and displays different media types.
- Breadth of consumed media types – takes & processes almost everything
- Bookmarklet – this is common with so many platforms but I just find it handy – also like the ability to select images & comment from it
from chrisly’s posterous