So I’m disheartened…
With this election, the options we have available and everything we read on Facebook, I’m sad for our country.
I’m sad for our world.
- I’m sad we don’t have more phenomenal people of integrity running.
- I’m sad that what seems to have been social progress seems to be going the other way.
- I’m sad there are so many folks out there that are so scared that they latch on to hate and fear.
- I’m sad that people who preach hate and exclusion feel bolstered enough to come out of the woodwork and recruit others to their way of thinking.
- I’m sad for so many things….
I long for a day when we have a slate full of candidates brimming with integrity where their stances on policy really matters. Right now, I just want good people with good intentions.
So What To Do?
The thing I think we can do though is try to make this a better world through our everyday actions. Be nice to others. Sow some friendliness and acceptance. Perform microactions like waiving, saying hi, opening doors.
So that’s what I’m going to concentrate on.